Thursday, January 27, 2011

My New Life as a Fashion Blog-tista

I am constantly getting asked Fashion advice, so I have had countless request to add a "Fashion" portion to this blog. Here I can give tips of fashion do and fashion do not. I know it will benefit you so sit back and enjoy this free fashion advice.

Okay, that was all a lie. Who would want to take fashion advice from me? You want to know what I'm wearing right now? I'll tell you. I am wearing a long sleeved red maternity shirt with hot oil stains on it, a jean maternity shirt that hasn't been washed in who-knows-how-many days (weeks), and a pair of lamb skin boots that go up to my knees. Now, the boots are most likely stylish, or at least they were a few years ago, but the scuffs on the toes and the sole coming off don't exactly make them this years fashion statement.

Let's face it: I'm am bad at dressing myself, but I am sure great at telling other people when they look bad. However, I do have a few tips up my sleeve of how I do my shopping. Thanks to Stacy and Clinton from TLC's What Not to Wear I don't waste money on the cheap stuff that I really don't love. And let's remember the influence that Stacy and Clinton have had on our lives.

How could you not love them?

This is my only tip. Quality! I never buy something just because it is on super sale anymore. A five pack of V-neck T's for example should never be high any adult female's shopping list. If I don't think I am going to wear it daily, I don't buy it. If I don't like the feel of the material or if it is really uncomfortable in the dressing room, then it will not be fun to wear all day.

However, I have found a new Maternity article of clothing that I would like to wear. Thanks to google images, this man has inspired me. If you locate this outfit at any store, please let me know. Preferable one that doesn't show so much cleavage though.

Please send me pictures of yourself in an outfit that you are on the edge about. I'll let you know what I think. Trust me, if you look nasty in it, I'll let you know.

3 comments:

  1. That last outfit rocks!
    If anyone is reading this comment, it's true that Melin will give you the straight up about your outfit and 90% of the time she's right. in fact, I think I should submit some photos to your blog for your inspection and my embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I thank you for your sacrifice. Sending before and after pictures will really help my readers (2 people, including myself) look their best 100% of the time.

    And thanks for your last outfit approval.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahhahahahha who would ask you fashion advise?? haha just kidding. There was a time when I couldn't leave the house with out asking, "would you still be my friend if I wore this..." I guess this doesn't have to end! We'll just have to skype more often!

    ReplyDelete