Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bug Me About It

I am very sorry to disappoint my fans with my lack of blogging.  I've had a pretty good excuse.  No internet.  That's a good reason right?  You can also add on that I finished another semester, moved into a new house, and have a baby to chase around, but the no internet thing is my number one excuse.

Ready for this?  I have a goal.  Now, usually I only tell a few people about my goals because if I fail, then only a few people will be disappointed in me.  But this goal is for reals now.  Let me back this goal up with a story.

I'm chunky.  That's about it.

As last year was coming to a close and I realized I was the same weight in December as I was when I was nine months pregnant, without a baby to blame for the weight gain, I decided a weight loss resolution needed to take place for the new year.

I've never had a weight loss goal before.  I remember having a weight gain goal once, but that didn't work out too well.  My metabolism was so amazing that just the motion of moving my mouth to eat a candy bar was enough to burn off the candy bar calories.  Now I even look at a candy bar and five pounds get added to my buttocks.  So for fear of having stretch marks on my triple chin, it was about time I did something. Sorry for the mental image, but I need to convince you to help me with my goal.

So, I have a goal weight that I want to get to by June 1st.  I'm not going to tell you the weight, but you can still help me.  Bug me about it.  Send me text messages, call me, e-mail me.  I don't care.  Well, don't do anything on facebook.  I don't want the entire world to know about my thunder thighs. Just make sure that I'm not being the lazy slob that I have been for the past year.

I've been writing down what I've been eating just see really see all the junk I consume and try to eat healthier the next day.  I started running again outside since there is surprisingly no snow in Idaho.  Plus, in case it does snow, we are getting a treadmill on Saturday in our house so I really have no excuse now.  And I started doing Pilates.  Well, I saw a show called 10 minute Pilates on netflix, so I decided to start trying it out.  Well, it's a little more strenuous than I thought, so I am on day three of trying to finish the first 10 minute work out, but pretty soon, I'll be doing the entire ten minutes in one day.

Ready to help me?  Good.  I'll keep you posted on my progress if you remind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment